While Minnesota State sat idle over the weekend, there were three sweeps in WCHA play. Ferris State swept Alaska Anchorage to move four points in front of MSU with four games to play.
Michigan Tech swept Northern Michigan, and Lake Superior swept Alabama Huntsville. The results of those two series moved Tech into third place and moved Northern Michigan down to ninth and currently out of playoff position.
Tech and Anchorage each have two games remaining; the rest of the teams have four games left.
Here are the standings and who each team wraps up with:
1. Ferris State (38 points) ... at Alaska, vs. Lake Superior
2. Minnesota State (34) ... at Lake Superior, vs. Michigan Tech
3. Michigan Tech (28) ... idle, at Minnesota State
4. Alaska Anchorage (26) ... idle, at Alaska
5. Alaska (24) ... vs. Ferris State, vs. Alaska Anchorage
Bowling Green (24) ... at Northern Michigan, vs. Bemidji State
Lake Superior (24) ... vs. Minnesota State, at Ferris State
8. Bemidji State (22) ... vs. Alabama Huntsville, at Bowling Green
9. Northern Michigan (21) ... vs. Bowling Green, at Alabama Huntsville
10. Alabama Huntsville (3) ... at Bemidji State, vs. Northern Michigan
The Mavericks, it appears, are going to have a tough time catching Ferris State for the MacNaughton Cup, but they cannot drop any further than second place. Meanwhile the race between third and ninth remains wide open.
As for the national scene, this weekend's results put the Mavericks at 19th in the Pairwise Rankings.