With two weeks remaining in the WCHA's regular season, four teams have clinched home ice for the first round of the conference playoffs. Those teams are North Dakota, Denver, Minnesota Duluth and Nebraska-Omaha.
If my math is correct, only Michigan Tech cannot get in the top 6, although a lot of things would have to go right over the next two weeks for Minnesota State to get to the sixth spot (the Mavericks and Alaska-Anchorage have just two conference games left; everyone else has four).
Here are the current WCHA standings, with points and teams' remaining schedule.
1. North Dakota 35 - vs. Bemidji State, @ Michigan Tech
2. Denver 33 - @ Nebraska-Omaha, vs. St. Cloud State
3. Minnesota Duluth 32 - @ Colorado College, vs. Nebraska-Omaha
Nebraska-Omaha 32 - vs. Denver, @Minnesota Duluth
5. Wisconsin 25 - @ St. Cloud State, vs. Colorado College
6. Minnesota 24 - vs. Michigan Tech, @Bemidji State
7. Colorado College 23 - vs. Minnesota Duluth, @ Wisconsin
8. Alaska-Anchorage 22 - @/vs. Alaska (NC), @ Minnesota State
9. Bemidji State 20 - @ North Dakota, vs. Minnesota
St. Cloud State 20 - vs. Wisconsin, @ Denver
Minnesota State 20 - idle, vs. Alaska-Anchorage
12. Michigan Tech 6 - @ Minnesota, vs. North Dakota
This begs the question, who would you like to see the Mavericks play in the first round of the WCHA tournament. Take the poll at right and let PucKato know what you think in the comments section below.